JBT hires Bryant Lowery as executive vice president and chief procurement officer
John Bean Technologies (JBT) announced today the hiring of Bryant Lowery as Executive Vice President and Chief Procurement Officer. The Chicago-based tech company provides digital solutions to ‘high-value segments of the food & beverage industry’, according to a company press release. The company has a focus on proteins, liquid foods and automated system solutions.
"As JBT continues to grow, supply-chain strategy plays an increasingly important role as we leverage our global scale," Tom Giacomini, Chairman, President and CEO of JBT said.
"With the addition of Bryant to our executive team, we have strengthened leadership of this critical function and JBT's ability to create a competitive advantage as we consolidate our supply chain with fewer, stronger suppliers while improving cost, lead times, and working capital requirements."
Giacomini continued: “Bryant brings an impressive record of leading supply chain initiatives that generate significant margin expansion”.
- Click here to read the latest issue of Supply Chain Digital
- Zycus launches Merlin A.I. Studio™ for procurement
- Insight Sourcing Group appoints Cynthia Dautrich to its advisory board
- Mintec launches procurement platform to transform buyer-seller relationships
Lowery comes to JBT from Fortive, “the $7 billion diversified industrial manufacturer spun off from Danaher in 2016”. In his previous role he served as Vice President, Global Supply Chain at Fortive’s Gilbarco Veeder-Root Division. “Lowery also led global procurement activities for the Fluke Corporation. Prior to Fortive, he held supply-chain and procurement leadership roles at Ingersoll Rand, Johnson Controls, Whirlpool, and Dell.”
Also this week at JBT, investors Cramer Rosenthal Mcglynn Llc increased its stake in JBT by 30.19%, and Blair William & Company increased its stake in the company by 12.36%.
- Lack of supplier-side automation 'hampering efficiency'Procurement
- Supply chain news: roundup - tech, logistics & procurementDigital Supply Chain
- Procurious educating next-gen procurement professionalsProcurement
- Supply chain latest: tech, logistics & procurement roundupSupply Chain Risk Management