Volkswagen Transporter voted the best by business van fleet experts
The Volkswagen Transporter T6 T28 Highline SWB MR BMT 102ps is the Business Van of the Year 2017, according to an independent judging panel from the trade and small van fleet sector. The new VW Transporter beat the Vauxhall Movano and Renault Kangoo ZE for scoop the award.
Business Van of the Year Awards is run by Business Vans, a van user news and information website, and is supported by Vanarama, a leading supplier of lease vans to the small business and SME sector.
Editorial director of Business Vans, Ralph Morton, commented: “The Volkswagen Transporter won our first Business Van of the Year Award in 2014, and this new sixth-generation version continues that tradition. For those in the trades and small businesses, the Transporter really is an iconic van. Smart, dependable, and good to drive, the Transporter does it all for this important sector of the market.”
The Volkswagen Transporter also won the Best Large Trades Van category while the Transporter Kombi won the Best Crew Van award.
The full winners’ list of the Business Van of the Year Awards is as follows:
· Best Small Delivery Van: Vauxhall Corsavan 1.3CDTi 16v 95PS ecoFLEX Start/Stop
· Best Small Trades Van: Vauxhall Combo 1.3CDTi 2300L1H1 95ps Eu6 ecoFlex S/Stop
· Best Large Trades Van: Volkswagen Transporter T6 T28 Highline SWB MR BMT 102ps
· Best Heavy Van: Vauxhall Movano 3500 L2H2 FWD Eu6 BiTurbo 145ps Eu6
· Best Green Van: Renault Kangoo ZE Maxi LL21 44kW
· Best Crew Van: Volkswagen Transporter Kombi T6 T30 Highline SWB BMT 102ps
· Best Finance & Service Package: Free2Move Lease (formerly Citroen Contract Motoring)
This was the second successive year that Vauxhall has won the Heavy Van category with the Movano, while Volkswagen has made it an amazing three years of success with Transporter in the Crew Van category.
The awards are judged independently by specialists in the SME business van sector. The chair of the judging panel is Paul Hollick, managing director of mileage and expenses management firm, The Miles Consultancy and chair of the Institute of Car Fleet Management (ICFM).
Previous Business Van of the Year winners are: Volkswagen Transporter 2.0 TDI T28 Trendline SWB BlueMotion, Citroen Berlingo 1.6HDi L1 625 Enterprise 75bhp and Vauxhall Vivaro 2700 Panel Van.
Full details of the Business Van of the Year Awards 2017 can be found at: http://www.businessvans.co.uk/van-news/business-van-of-the-year-2017/
The January issue of Supply Chain Digital is live!
Follow @SupplyChainD on Twitter.