• Disclosure: This article is an advertorial, and monetary payment was received from Apex Logistics International. It has passed Editorial’s assessment for being informative.
Apex Logistics International is a global logistics and transportation company that specialises in air and sea freight forwarding, customs brokerage, warehousing and distribution, e-commerce logistics, and supply chain management.
With a presence in 70 countries, Apex has a vast network of partners and agents that underpin its logistics solutions to clients. Among the industries Apex serves are automotive, retail, healthcare, and technology.
In May 2021, Apex joined Kuhne+Nagel Group (KN), cementing its leading position on the transpacific route.
Notable among these is the fact that Apex, in February this year, put into operation the very last Boeing 747-8 freighter, as part of the long-term charter agreement with Atlas Air.
The iconic nose-loading Boeing jumbo jet, named Empower, was presented to the public during an official ceremony at the Boeing Everett Delivery Center in Seattle.
The 747-8 class of aircraft has been dubbed the Queen of the Skies, and helped catapult the global air logistics industry to another level, with its unique nose-loading capability, payload capacity and fuel efficiency.
Empower will operate on the Transpacific route, and will offer the intra-Asia network better connectivity.
Among the benefits that Empower will bring to the customers of Apex logistics are:
- Access to dedicated capacity on a round-trip basis, primarily over the transpacific as well as solutions on return flights out of San Paulo, Brazil back to Asia
- Reduced transit times, as well as improved efficiency and reliability
- Higher capacity, thanks to its unique nose-loading capability
- Advanced technology, allowing for 16% better fuel efficiency compared to the 747-400 class, which is part of Apex’s ESG Initiative, Apex Cares
- A 30% smaller noise footprint
“When Apex was founded, our guiding principle was to empower employees with the common goal of offering customers flexible and reliable solutions to their logistics needs,” says Apex Group CEO Tony Song.
“Twenty years on, as part of KN, we are proud to introduce Empower, our newest and most exciting addition. This aircraft will reinforce our ability to provide strategic solutions and unique alternatives with passion.”
Apex Logistics International Americas CEO, Elsie Qian, added: “We are very grateful to KN for naming this last 747 Empower. It represents KN’s good expectations for Apex, hoping the Queen of the Skies can empower the Apex Team with stronger capacity and more flexible logistics solutions to meet the diverse needs of global customers.”
Apex Logistics International Americas COO Sean Francisco said: “Today, Apex operates 100 charters around the world on a monthly basis.
“This new aircraft will provide our customers with the ability of having access to capacity on a round-trip basis primarily over the transpacific in and out of Asia.
“We are very excited for this opportunity to be able to expand our network and increase our services for the customers.”