Paragon Software Systems wins big with Green Supply Chain Award
Paragon Software Systems, Inc., a leader in vehicle routing and scheduling optimization solutions, announces winning the Supply & Demand Chain Executive Green Supply Chain Award for the second consecutive year. The 2016 Green Supply Chain Awards highlight companies that are making sustainability a core part of the businesses and supply chain strategies. Paragon's route optimization software helps customers reduce mileage and optimize routes, which lowers carbon emissions.
"Our clients can make a positive impact on the environment by reducing miles through optimized routes. Using the most cost-effective routes with the shortest transit times reduces fuel consumption and lowers CO2 emissions," said William Salter, CEO and President, Paragon Software Systems. "We are honoured that our routing and scheduling software has been selected once again for this prestigious supply chain award. We remain committed to helping companies implement 'green' best practices in their fleet operations."
"Our honourees are showing that the bottom line and corporate responsibility are not mutually exclusive," says Ronnie Garrett, editor of Supply & Demand Chain Executive. "This has been increasingly evident over the past few years and is relatively clear with the large number of entries we received this year -- almost 200 -- for our annual green awards. Sustainability has, for these companies, become a key part of their supply chain strategies. Our goal is to honor those companies in our annual awards and credit them with the recognition they deserve. They have recognized the need for supply chain sustainability, something that's not always easy to do."
Paragon Software Systems helps companies meet green initiatives in their transport operations with routing and scheduling software that:
- Reduces mileage with more efficient routes
- Generates carbon-friendly schedules based on road speed and load weight
- Analyses strategic transportation plans with what-if scenarios that model optimized routes and schedules to reduce mileage and transportation costs
- Maximizes the number of drops per vehicle to ensure trucks and drivers are used as efficiently as possible
- Monitors KPIs related to fuel and carbon for continuous improvement
- Compares live routes with planned, showing where and when excess mileage is occurring for instant driver debrief and improved future route planning
The 2016 Green Supply Chain Awards recognize companies making green or sustainability a core part of their supply chain strategy, and are working to achieve measurable sustainability goals within their own operations and/or supply chains, in the areas of Sourcing/Procurement, Fulfilment/Logistics, Operations, Product Lifecycle Management, and other areas of the supply chain. The awards also recognize providers of supply chain solutions and services assisting their customers in achieving measurable sustainability goals. Using renewable energy, minimizing waste and maximizing facility and solutions lifespan are all components that leading companies in supply chain increasingly enforce. This year's ninth-annual awards recognize small, mid-size and large enterprises that leveraged green practices and solutions to further drive sustainable improvements in their supply chain.
Follow @SupplyChainD on Twitter.
- Exclusive Video: Supply Chain Strategies Forum - P&SC LIVEDigital Supply Chain
- Exclusive Video: Procurement Sustainability - P&SC LIVESustainability
- Child labour in supply chain 'chief concern' - LRQASupply Chain Risk Management
- Intel maps out chips supply chain GHG initiativeSustainability