Digital Supply Chain
DHL Supply Chain - Digital Twin (Video)
By Bizclik Editor
May 19, 2020
DHL Supply Chain has used IoT technology, Data Analytics and a Digital Twin to create the Smart Warehouse solution.
This digital solution enables 24/7 coordination of operations to resolve issues as they occur, particularly in terms of safety.
Six key elements of DHL Supply Chain's Smart Warehouse initiative:
1. Efficiency gain with reduced congestion
2. Alerts for controlled areas
3. Monitor temperature systems
4. Full traffic visibility
5. Real-time operational data
6. Enhanced MHE safety
For more on DHL Supply Chain, also read:
In Focus: DHL Supply Chain
DHL: driving global standardisation of operations with Robotics
For more information on procurement, supply chain and logistics topics - please take a look at the latest edition of Supply Chain Digital magazine.
- Improving supply chain management with IoT technologyDigital Supply Chain
- Timeline: RFID's rich history runs from WW11 to omnichannelDigital Supply Chain
- Top 10: strategic benefits of IoT tech in supply chainsDigital Supply Chain
- An IoT timeline - from Kevin Ashton & MIT to digital twinsDigital Supply Chain