As the world’s fastest-growing procurement and supply chain event, Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE 2023 was a disruptive learning and networking event that showcased some of the industry’s top speakers across innovation, thought leadership and strategy.
Inclusive Procurement Journey: Sky’s Path to Supplier Diversity Excellence
Centring his keynote on Sky’s journey towards inclusive procurement, Rob Collie, Director of Procurement at Sky begins by introducing the company and its core principles, as well as emphasising the importance of creating a level playing field for all suppliers.
"If you plant the seed of inclusion, you'll bear the fruit of diversity,” Stated Colle.
Highlight the value of supplier diversity, Collie details the steps taken by Sky, including:
- Tracking diverse supplier spend
- Offering a supplier portal for registration and engagement
- Intervening to include diverse suppliers in specific areas
- Ensuring supplier compliance with diversity and inclusion policies
- Supporting entrepreneurship through a charity partner called the Black Equity Organisation
"It's about that inclusion, making sure that there are no barriers that we're aware of that can stop everyone participating in the economic activity of Sky,” commented Collie.
He added: "If you can create a level playing field, those great new businesses and businesses you might not have worked with before will come through and you'll end up with a better supplier ecosystem."
Towards the end of his keynote, Collie outlines some of the lessons learned at Sky when it comes to its inclusive procurement journey. He emphasises the importance of dedicated resources, working with advocacy groups, and being GDPR-compliant when collecting data on supplier diversity.
To watch any of our other speakers from Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE 2023, click here.
Celebrating exemplary achievements in the fields of procurement and supply chain management, the Supply Chain AWARDS - debuting in 2024 - acknowledges companies, professionals, and projects that demonstrate exceptional performance, innovation, and strategic thinking. Click here, to find out how you can enter.
BizClik is a global provider of B2B digital media platforms, for leaders across: Sustainability; Procurement & Supply Chain; Technology & AI; Cyber; FinTech & InsurTech; Manufacturing; Mining; Energy; EV, Construction; Healthcare; and Food. Based in London, Dubai, and New York, Bizclik offers services including content creation, advertising & sponsorship solutions, webinars & events.
- Key Themes at Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE SingaporeDigital Supply Chain
- Veena Theagarajan of HPE to Speak at P&SC LIVE SingaporeDigital Supply Chain
- Discover the Speakers of P&SC LIVE SingaporeDigital Supply Chain
- How to Embed Supplier Diversity & Inclusion ProgrammesSupplier Diversity