Ferrero is making procurement sweeter with SAP Ariba
Leading chocolate maker Ferrero has said that it will implement solutions from SAP Ariba to help drive efficiency and simplicity in its supply chain.
Through these solutions such as cloud-based applications and its extensive business network, Ferrero hopes to create a simple digital process for managing spend from end to end.
- Chocolate giant Mars commits $1bn to fight climate change
- Kit Kat coughs up medicine-flavoured chocolate bar
- Cadburys Australia receives $59mn investment – but jobs will go
“For years we tackled procurement using different systems and applications,” said a Ferrero Group’s spokesperson.
“We are sure that now, through an integrated platform on which we can consolidate all of our spend and collaborate with a global network of partners on everything from sourcing and orders through invoicing and payment, we will better achieve our goals.”
The move comes as Ferrero, the world’s third-largest chocolate manufacturer, attempts to further manage cost and risk.
“Procurement isn’t a discrete function that can be performed in silos. To do it well requires an integrated, digital approach,” said Paul Devlin, General Manager, SAP Ariba, EMEA and MEE.
“In embracing SAP Ariba’s solutions, innovative companies like Ferrero can manage the entire buying process from source to settle, while controlling their spend, minimising their risk, identifying new sources of savings and building a healthy, sustainable supply chain – all in one place.”
Ferrero will connect to the company’s Ariba Network and will use a range of cloud-based applications delivered on it to create a comprehensive source-to-settle process that is simple, smart and compliant.
- New global issues focus of Gartner supply chain symposiumDigital Supply Chain
- The Sustainability Panel at Procurement & Supply Chain LiveSustainability
- David Wylie at Procurement & Supply Chain Live 2021Procurement
- Soroosh Saghiri at Procurement & Supply Chain Live 2021Supply Chain Risk Management