Panasonic and JDA collaborate to 'co-innovate' the future of the digital supply chain
One of the world’s leading electronics, technologies and solutions developers, has entered into a partnership to ‘co-innovative’ on digital supply chain technology solutions.
JDA Software and Panasonic Corporation announced in a statement this week that to two companies have entered into a joint partnership to leverage the JDA Luminate family ‘family of solutions’ and Panasonic’s ‘unique technologies’ for the manufacturing, logistics and retail industries.
Through the partnership, customers can benefit from ‘comprehensive process innovations’ in order to better embrace digital edge technologies incorporation SaaS, the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), real-time sensing technologies and advanced analytics.
Through the partnership, JDA and Panasonic will collaborate on:
- JDA Luminate integration with Panasonic Visual Sort Assist works to improve efficiency in package sorting for warehouses, leveraging scanning technology and image projection to accelerate the parcel sortation process on a conveyor belt, while seamlessly linking with the main system to provide real-time data and insights. Warehouse managers are then able to make dynamic decisions based on actual throughput and make changes in shipping orders and personnel allocation to achieve dynamic operations.
- JDA Luminate Store Optimiser integration with Panasonic out-of-stock detection will allow customers’ out-of-stock information to be sent in real-time from the retail store to factories, warehouses and store personnel, allowing for efficient shelf replenishment, improvements in production and shipping plans, while also optimising store layout planning through out-of-stock analysis.
- JDA Luminate Control Tower integration with Panasonic flowline analytics brings together detection and analysis of the behavior of humans and machines enabling improvements in the allocation of workers, forklifts and other equipment at production sites and warehouses to maximize productivity, optimising marketing opportunities to consumers at retail stores.
- JDA Luminate Control Tower integration with Panasonic facial recognition to enhance security and enable real-time optimisation of workers by staff ID/location, as well as shopper behavior and demographic analytics for merchandising and marketing.
“The autonomous supply chain transformation is just beginning and it will be built on correlating edge technologies with enterprise supply chain software. The JDA partnership with Panasonic to co-innovate and deliver solutions to our customers is a major step in that direction,” said Girish Rishi, chief executive officer (CEO), JDA. “Not only will this strengthen JDA’s presence and footprint in Japan, it will also put these new technologies in the forefront of customers’ minds in JDA’s Customer Experience Centres in Scottsdale and London as well as Panasonic’s Connected Solutions Company headquarters in Tokyo, giving customers a tangible look at the autonomy they can drive in their future factories, warehouses, and stores.”
“As part of our solutions business strategy, Panasonic is using the know-how we have cultivated in the manufacturing industry and our own core technologies to become a total solutions integrator for customers in the logistics and retail fields. However, knowledge and hardware alone cannot completely solve all our customers’ needs,” said Yasu Higuchi, CEO of Panasonic’s B2B business, Connected Solutions Company. “Through this collaboration with supply chain industry leader JDA, I am confident that we will create synergies with JDA’s AI/ML-based Luminate software solutions to comprehensively solve the problems facing our customers.”
- Supply Chain Digital Show speaks to 1ince COO, Ivo RookDigital Supply Chain
- Supply chain digitalisation is a journey, not a destinationDigital Supply Chain
- Warehouse automation technology - from conveyors to robotsTechnology
- Visibility, tracking & planning among 10 boons of supply IoTDigital Supply Chain