Customer experience is driving supply chain innovation, says BlueJay report
A new report from BlueJay Solutions has highlighted how supply chain leaders are prioritising customers when innovating their models.
The leader in supply chain software and services, in tandem with research firm Adelante SCM, this week released its report “Competing on Customer Experience: The Driving Force Behind Supply Chain Innovation.”.
Supply chain executives from across various industries were surveyed, with 140 qualified respondents answering a series of questions about innovation, customer experience and technology.
- OUT NOW! Read August's edition of the Supply Chain Digital magazine
- Migrating to the cloud can help shield supply chains against disaster
- Le Duff America selects ArrowStream as supply chain intelligence partner
For 'above average' performers in the supply chain sector, 37% said that delivering an enhanced customer experience was behind their innovation strategies, while 28% said they were driven by a desire to reduce costs.
"The most important lesson learned from companies that have been disrupted is the danger of becoming too complacent with the status quo," said Doug Surrett, Chief Product Strategist at BluJay Solutions.
"Our hope is this research will provide insights to help companies determine actions they can take to implement market-leading supply chain solutions.
"As we move into the next evolution of supply chain logistics, it’s not just about getting goods from point A to point B at the lowest cost, it’s about innovating with a clear objective to optimise the overall customer experience. This requires an approach that considers the entire supply chain ecosystem."
- Dr.Ahmed Sedky Al Ghurair Investment to join P&SC LIVE DubaiSupply Chain Risk Management
- Key Themes at Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE SingaporeDigital Supply Chain
- Kudzaishe Chivige, Movit Products to attend P&SC LIVE DubaiDigital Supply Chain
- Stefan Sickel, NMC Healthcare to speak at P&SC LIVE DubaiDigital Supply Chain