SAP Ariba enabling business transformations in Latin America
An increasing number of Latin American companies are transforming their operations by teaming up with SAP Ariba, the software giant has said.
Next month, leading companies from around the region will gather at SAP Forum Brasil 2018 to discuss how they are using the Ariba Network and the cloud-based applications delivered on it to digitize their procurement operations and manage everything from sourcing and orders to invoicing and payment in a simple, smart and consumer-like way.
The event will be held at the Transamerica Expo Center in São Paulo September 11-12.
“Latin America is officially wired, and procurement is no exception,” said Catalina Manrique, Vice President and General Manager, SAP Ariba Latin America.
“In embracing digital networks and the technologies underlying them to power procurement, companies of all sizes, across industries are unleashing a new way of doing business that is fueling both innovation and competitive advantage region wide.”
More than 3.4mn companies – including nearly 350,000 in Latin America – currently use SAP Ariba’s solutions to manage their procurement operations.
In the past 12 months, these companies in have exchanged more than 700,000 purchase orders worth close to $106bn and more than 1.2mn invoices valued at nearly $18bn.
Those companies include:
- GPA, which has created a simple, compliant and consumer-like shopping experience that employees are happy to use while providing the transparency and traceability the company requires using SAP Ariba’s Guided Buying capabilities.
- Seguros Unimed, which is using SAP Ariba as the platform for its Digital + Project, an initiative designed to replace manual, paper-based processes with a modern digital platform for managing its entire source-to-settle process in a simple, integrated and intelligent way which has already generated efficiency gains with faster transaction cycles of up to 80 percent.
- Grupo Boticário, which is leveraging SAP Ariba solutions to drive an efficient digital process for managing its spend from end-to-end.
- Eletropaulo, which is using SAP Ariba since 2016 to more efficiently manage all of its procurement and contract processes and currently has more than 1,800 sourcing projects, 1,200 contracts and 1,500 supplier registrations on the platform.
- Grupo DPSP and J. Macêdo, who have implemented digital solutions to drive cost reduction, compliance, process improvement, working capital management and network collaboration.
- Kroton, which has transformed its e-business through SAP Ariba Sourcing.
- Votorantim Cimentos, which is using SAP Ariba to drive process efficiency and transform procurement.