Supply Chain Risk Management
Streamlining Warehouse Functions
By Freddie Pierce
May 17, 2020
Warehousing is just one of many links in the supply chain and it can be a complex part of the entire chain. The warehouse is where all goods are stored...
ORACLE WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT (OWM)
Oracle WMS offers rules-based directed putaway and slotting capabilities. These minimize storage fragmentation, enforce hazardous material rules and reduce obsolescence.
- Oracle WMS also recommends optimal storage bins for order fulfillment. The system offers Push and Pull based replenishment to enable warehouses to efficiently pick a high volume of order lines.
- It can identify cross-docking opportunities in the warehouse by matching expected receipts with outbound shipments and manufacturing component requirements.
- The system provides out of the box support for RFID and EPC technology. Oracle WMS also offers the framework in which to automate any warehouse transaction via RFID.
- Slotting optimization is also a key feature of Manhattan Associates’ management system, helping to shorten fulfilment cycles and use warehouse space more effectively.
- The system can coordinate the entire fulfillment cycle inside and outside of the warehouse using distributed order management.
- Its transportation lifecycle management is another feature of the company’s warehouse management system. It manages shipments to and from the warehouse.
- Manhattan Associates’ Supplier Enablement is an online portal that opens up the lines of communication with suppliers, speeding up time to market and reducing errors.
- Infor’s warehouse management capabilities include inventory management, which collates multiple unites of measure, lot control and catch weights to improve inventory accuracy.
- Its cross-docking function allows flow-thru, transhipment and opportunistic process capabilities.
- Infor also has a range of value added services that include deferred manufacturing, preparation of store-ready pallets, light assembly and kitting.
- Voice-directed picking is another key feature of Infor’s system. It offers voice-enabling order selection, replenishments, put-aways and transfers to improve productivity and accuracy.