Name: Gareth Rhys Williams
Company: Cabinet Office
Position: Government Chief Commercial Officer
Year joined: 2016
Attending Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE: Thursday, 28 April
Williams’ job is to lead the Government’s commercial function, which has more than 5,000 staff and a spend of more than £49bn.
In his six years at the Cabinet Office he has delivered improved contract performance levels and savings of over £2bn each year.
He has helped transform the capability of his area with 450 senior recruits, backed by a new pay model, as well as training and accreditation across central government departments.
Williams has also upgraded the Government’s procurement methods by introducing new benchmarked standards.
He also helped improve relations with the supplier base with a Supplier Code of Conduct, as well as playbooks for outsourcing, construction, and consulting.
About Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE: The Risk & Resilience Conference
This year, sister publications Procurement Magazine and Supply Chain Digital are heading back to the Tobacco Dock (London, UK) to host Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE: The Risk & Resilience Conference.
The two-day hybrid event will be held on the 27th and 28th of April 2022, in-person and broadcast live via our fully interactive virtual platform.
To attend in-person or virtually for Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE: Risk & Resilience, click here.
Across these two unmissable days, the agenda will include seven core themes:
- Supply Chain Risk & Resilience
- Digital Procurement
- Supply Chain Sustainability
- The Global Logistic Forum
- Supplier & Contract Management
- Digital Ecosystems
To explore the full agenda for Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE: Risk & Resilience, click here.
- Chris Caplice - academic who helped make freight a scienceLogistics
- Retail seeking supply chain agility in omnichannel worldDigital Supply Chain
- Key to supply chain 'is partnerships', says Juniper SystemsDigital Supply Chain
- Data is the key to exposing risk in supply chain - AlcumusSupply Chain Risk Management