May 17, 2020
Who is Dr Christoph Wegner, new head of Information Services and Supply Chain operations at BASF?
BASF, the largest chemical producer in the world, has announced that it has a new President of BASFs Information Services and Supply Chain operations in...
BASF, the largest chemical producer in the world, has announced that it has a new President of BASF’s Information Services and Supply Chain operations in Dr Christoph Wagner. Here’s what we know about him:
- He succeeds Dr Robert Blackburn, who was president for nine years
- Dr Christoph Wegner holds a PHD in Organic Chemistry from the University of Gottingen, Germany
- He moves from his previous position of Senior Vice President of the Regional Business Unit Amines Europe, BASF – where he was in post for four years.
- Dr Wegner has been with BASF for over 18 years, in roles ranging from Research Scientist (1997) and Managing Director of Crop Protection in Croatia (2007)
- He will begin his new from December 31 2016
- The company, BASF, posted sales of €70 billion in 2015.
- BASF is the world’s leading chemical company and has over 112,000 employees
- It serves three key areas: Resources, environment and climate, Food and nutrition and Quality of life
- BASF operates across 70 locations all over the world:
Follow @SupplyChainD on Twitter.