SAP Digital Supply Chain and ERP Solutions
The company was founded in 1972 in Walldorf, Germany, and has offices worldwide...
SAP stands for Systems, Applications and Products in data processing.
The company was founded in 1972 in Walldorf, Germany, and has offices worldwide.
Having originally been recognised for its leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, the company has transformed into a market leader in end-to-end enterprise application software, database, analytics, intelligent technologies and experience management. SAP has several different products. These are its ERP and finance, CRM and customer experience, network and spend management, digital supply chain, HR and people engagement and business technology platform. SAP serves a range of different industries, such as: energy and natural resources, financial services, consumer industries, discrete industries, service industries and public services.
SAP offers integrated supply chain planning software that allows its customers to respond quickly and cost-effectively to changes in supply demand and market conditions. SAP Integrated Business Planning enables demand planning to be simplified through connected processes and visibility across operational, strategic, tactical and external data.
- Demand forecasting and management - Use demand sensing, statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms to make accurate, short, mid and long-term forecasts.
- Inventory optimisation - Set inventory targets designed to maximise profits while leaving a buffer to help you meet unexpected demand.
- Sales and operations planning - Deliver a cross-departmental sales and operations plan that combines inventory, service levels and profitability.
- Response and supply planning - Optimise supply management with plans based on prioritised demands, allocations and constraints such as production capacity.
- Demand-driven replenishment - Tame supply chain variability and improve material flow using techniques for demand-driven material requirements planning (MRP).
SAP empowers companies to transform their business faster and drive ROI by working with industry experts, consultants and support engineers to receive guidance, perspective best practices and expertise - regardless of where their clients are positioned on the journey.
Supply Chain Logistics
- Optimise your warehousing and distribution processes through an automated warehouse management system. SAP offers:
- Inbound logistics management - Validate data for advanced shipping notifications, optimise recent processes and support put-away activities.
- Storage and operations management - Manage shared stock ownership, improve labour demand planning, track physical inventory and monitor material handling equipment.
- Outbound logistics management - Schedule and optimise pick-pack-ship activities and use augmented reality and voice picking to increase productivity.
Its SAP Transportation Management improves on-time delivery and generates real-time visibility into global and multimodal shipping through SAP’s transport management system. This involves: strategic freight management, order management, transportation planning and transportation execution.
Its SAP S/4HANA is an intelligent, integrated ERP system that operates on SAP's in-memory database. Through SAP HANA, it can help address industry-specific requirements with proven best-practices for professional services and empower new business models as the marketplace transforms. SAP revolutionise business processes through intelligent automation - supported through artificial intelligence and RPA. SAP HANA allows for better decisions to be made more efficiently through embedded analytics, a conversational interface and digital assistants. It also allows companies to meet their IT landscape goals trough hybrid or cloud infrastructure that shares a consistent data model, code line and user experience.
For more information on procurement, supply chain and logistics topics - please take a look at the latest edition of Supply Chain Digital magazine.