What can we learn from SAP Ariba's podcast?
Kay Ree Lee, Director of Value Realization at SAP will join BriefingsDirect's Dana Gardner, who is also Principal Analyst at Interarbor Solutions, to discuss the secrets of highly effective procurement, as discovered in SAP Ariba's latest research.
The duo will be discussing the results of SAP Ariba’s Benchmark Program, research that analyzed more than $350 billion in spend data across 3,500 categories for companies connected to the Ariba Network.
Gardner says: “Procurement today is a different game. Once viewed as a back-office task, it has emerged as a key differentiator and driver of business value. And to execute it well requires totally new ways of thinking and acting.”
This study found that these companies:
- manage source-to-pay as an end-to-end process, not a series of discreet tasks;
- have an integrated platform from which they manage all of their spend, not disparate point solutions;
- leverage technology to fuel greater collaboration, not just automate tasks;
- connect to networks to access intelligence, not just transact.
Commenting on the research, John Thompson, Global Vice President, Network Value Organization, SAP Ariba, said: “As a result of their willingness to think outside the box and enable a technology-enabled, data-driven approach to procurement, these best-in-class outfits have more spend under management, drive greater savings and efficiencies and are transforming their operations.”
Follow @SupplyChainD on Twitter.
- SAP Ariba confirms joint venture with Standard Chartered BankDigital Supply Chain
- Procurement Focus: SAP Ariba - The Spend Management NetworkDigital Supply Chain
- SAP Ariba partners with Tokyo Shoko Research to manage risks to 8.4mn Japanese companiesDigital Supply Chain
- SAP Ariba and American Express launch new solution for corporate customers' procure-to-pay processProcurement