SAP and SAP Ariba to support Burger King's procurement transformation
SAP and SAP Ariba have signed a deal to support Burger King accelerate plans to expand its number of stores and increase revenue in Korea.
Using the cloud-based procurement applications and business network of SAP Ariba alongside SAP S/4HANA, Burger King will create an efficient digital process for managing its spend from end to end in an integrated and intelligent way that fuels savings, efficiencies and business growth.
Burger King is the first company to introduce both SAP S/4HANA and SAP Ariba simultaneously in Korea.
Using the solutions together, the company aims to draw meaningful insights from the data living in its supply chains and use them to make more intelligent decisions that propel their businesses forward.
“We are pleased that Burger King will be our first customer to introduce both SAP S/4HANA and SAP Ariba simultaneously in the Korean market,” said Sungyoul Lee, Managing Director, SAP Korea.
“SAP will continue to support Korean businesses to enhance efficiency and establish real-time business operation for their digital transformation journey.”
With SAP Ariba as its digital procurement platform and SAP S/4HANA as its core, Burger King can, for instance, connect to the Ariba Network – which with more than 3.4mn companies in 190 countries transacting over $2.1trin in commerce annually is the largest on the planet - and use the market-leading, cloud-based applications delivered on it to:
- Consolidate and control spend across all major categories – from direct, indirect and logistics to contingent labour and services, travel and capital expenditures - from end to end, on a single, integrated platform in the cloud.
- Make better buying decisions with analysis and insights into company-wide spending.
- Discover and digitally transact with qualified suppliers who not only support cost objectives but align with corporate sustainability goals and ethical standards.
- Engage in real-time collaboration to negotiate savings and make sure those savings are realised.
- Manage supplier relationships information, lifecycle, performance, and risk all in one place.
- Accelerate the contract lifecycle and strengthen compliance.
- Create a consumer-like, contextual purchasing experience through which employees can buy what they need in line with company policies.
- Transform payables from liabilities into strategic assets to boost cash flow, free up working capital, and deliver more bottom-line value.