Nufarm taps SAP Ariba for supply chain transformation
Nufarm Limited is tapping the expertise of SAP Ariba to drive a digital supply chain transformation.
The organisation is to share its story at today’s SAP Ariba Live conference taking place at the Hyatt Regency Sydney.
When it comes to agriculture and farming, procurement is a different game and needs to be simple and efficient, but also in compliance with rules and regulations designed to protect consumer health and environmental safety.
“Nufarm is on a mission to grow a better tomorrow, and to execute it, we need a supply chain that is not only efficient and cost-effective, but ethical and sustainable,” said David Bury, Global Chief Procurement Officer, Nufarm.
“Using SAP Ariba’s solutions, we have been able to drive a more strategic approach to sourcing that has not only simplified the process and improved our costs but given us greater transparency and insight into our supply chain.
“And this has helped us to minimise our risk and ensure that we adhere to the highest standards of health, safety and environment protection and conduct our business activities without adverse impact on the communities in which we operate.”
For years, Nufarm took a regional approach to sourcing. But as its business expanded, the company began to realize a more connected, collaborative process was needed.
So, Nufarm connected to the Ariba Network and began using the cloud-based applications on it to streamline things across the enterprise. And it quickly began seeing results:
- End-to-end visibility and control over more than 1.8 billion AUD in indirect and direct spend
- Consistent compliance with corporate procurement policies
- Improved communication with suppliers
- 80% reduction in number of invoices processed without a valid purchase order
“In the old days, procurement was all about lowering costs and driving efficiencies,” said M. Jason Wolf, General Manager, SAP Ariba, Asia Pacific and Japan.
“Today, many companies are looking to the function to do more. And innovators like Nufarm are leveraging digital technologies to not only improve their business, but the world around them.”
- Top stories from supply chain, procurement & logisticsDigital Supply Chain
- Top 10 inflation-busting cost controls in supply chainProcurement
- Weekly supply, logistics, procurement & tech roundupDigital Supply Chain
- Top benefits of supplier performance-management solutionsDigital Supply Chain