CIPS names industry leaders in Procurement Power List 2021
The Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply, and its official magazine Supply Management, have announced this year’s Procurement Power List - an annual spotlight of senior professionals “pushing the field of procurement forwards”.
The list spotlights procurement leaders based geographically or with influence in Europe, and who push the boundaries both within their own organisations and for the industry at large. The long list of nominees, selected by a panel of experts, was whittled down to the below final list of 25 exceptional procurement leaders, representing a wide range of industries, from retail and consultancy, to food and beverage, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, and telecommunications.
Procurement Power List 2021 criteria
As well as holding senior positions of CPO or higher, candidates were also judged more broadly on the accomplishments of their full career, their influence on the wider profession as a known media figure or regular event speaker.
Candidates were also selected based upon their work with more junior members of the procurement community, whether through mentorship programmes or speaking at educational institutions - and were judged upon their business acumen and expertise outside the typical responsibilities of procurement and supply chain. Candidates did not have to be members of CIPS to be recognised, and cannot sit on a CIPS board or committee.
The Procurement Power List 2021
- Sébastien Bals, Vice President Global Procurement & Chief Procurement Officer, UCB
- Martha Buffington, Chief Procurement Officer, Royal DSM
- Stephen Cobham, Chief Procurement Officer, Sanofi
- Bertrand Conquéret, President of Global Supply Chain BV & Chief Procurement Officer, Henkel
- Claire Costello, Chief Procurement Officer, Co-op
- Paula Martinez, Chief Procurement Officer, Novartis
- John Dickson, Chief Procurement Officer, AstraZeneca
- Isabel Hochgesand, Chief Procurement Officer, Beiersdorf
- David Ingram, Chief Procurement Officer, Unilever
- Henrik Larson, Chief Procurement Officer & Vice President, Maersk
- Hervé Le Faou, Chief Procurement Officer, Heineken N.V.
- Rachael Legg, Chief Procurement & Property Officer, Johnson Matthey
- Simon Leigh, Group Procurement & Supply Chain Director, Whitbread
- Jane Liang, Group Head of Procurement, BAT
- Stéphane Masseran, Chief Procurement Officer, Ipsen
- Tony Milikin, Chief Procurement & Sustainability Officer, Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Kai Nowosel, Chief Procurement Officer, Accenture
- Janelle Orozco, Chief Procurement Officer, Diageo
- Barry Parkin, Chief Procurement & Sustainability Officer, Mars
- Cyril Pourrat, Chief Procurement Officer, BT
- Angela Qu, Chief Procurement Officer, Lufthansa
- Klaus Staubitzer, Chief Procurement Officer & Head of Supply Chain, Siemens
- Thomas Udesen, Chief Procurement Officer, Bayer
- Ninian Wilson, Chief Executive Officer, Vodafone Procurement
- Rob Woodstock, Chief Commercial Officer, HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
Supply Chain Digital's Top 100 Leaders in Supply Chain
Supply Chain Digital will this autumn publish our own list of the Top 100 Leaders in Supply Chain, with nominations from our digital community and open to all. The definitive list of the leading executives and influencers in the industry will be announced at the inaugural Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE event, and shared across social media channels, this website, and presented in a special supplement.
Click here to learn more and nominate your colleague, peer, mentor or professional role model.