Ardent Partners name Harvard’s Sarah Malconian "CPO of the year"
Supply chain research and advisory firm, Ardent Partners, announced this month the winners of the Best-in-Class Procurement Leaders Recognised for Outstanding Achievement at the CPO Honours 2018 Gala in Boston, Massachusetts. Ardent established the Chief Procurement Officer Honours to celebrate “the procurement function and recognise the accomplishments of the profession’s top leaders and teams”. The awards are widely regarded as being the most prestigious in the procurement sector.
This year, the award for “Chief Procurement Officer of the Year” went to Harvard University’s CPO, Sarah Malconian, who has served at the college since June, 2016. Upon being interviewed, she said the “award is a testament to the Harvard Strategic Procurement team’s dedication and commitment to providing the highest level of service to our stakeholders”, also praising her “team’s commitment to functional transformation and adoption of enabling technologies to increase our overall spend visibility has allowed us to provide measurable impact aligned with the mission and goals of the University”.
- Ardent Partners recognises procurement leaders at CPO 2018 Honours Gala
- Avon appoints David Hernandez as its new Chief Procurement Officer
- Zycus launches Merlin A.I. Studio™ for procurement
- Click here to read the latest issue of Supply Chain Digital
Sarah Malconian received an MBA in Finance and Real Estate from Columbia Business School in 1981. She has held positions at multiple prestigious companies since, including five years as the Director of Acquisitions and Sales at Prudential Realty Group, Vice President and Director of Procurement at Wellington Management, and five years as the Assistant Director of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
In her current position, Ms Malconian “provides leadership and oversight of the teams responsible for campus-wide strategic sourcing, supply chain management, contract negotiations, disbursements and travel”.
- Gartner: CPOs 'Must Embrace AI Procurement Tech'Digital Supply Chain
- Accenture M&As Broaden Supply Chain & Procurement Know-howProcurement
- Dr.Ahmed Sedky Al Ghurair Investment to join P&SC LIVE DubaiSupply Chain Risk Management
- Key Themes at Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE SingaporeDigital Supply Chain