Amazon Business announces new services to help businesses with procurement
Amazon has announced that Amazon Business has launched a new set of features that it says are designed to better serve the procurement needs of businesses of all sizes.
Amazon Business combines more than one hundred million business-relevant products with a set of “unique features”, such as VAT-exclusive pricing, Amazon Business Analytics and Free One-Day Delivery, it said in a release.
“It’s everything that customers know and love about Amazon, but for business,” it added.
After launching in the UK in April 2017, Amazon Business now serves more than 90,000 companies of all sizes – from sole traders and small businesses to large multi-national organisations and FTSE 100 companies, as well as institutional buyers like universities, hospitals and non-profits.
The new features announced include:
- Pay by invoice – pay on net 30 day terms to help improve cash flow.
- Business Invoice – Improved search and filter features now allow business customers to quickly find offers from Amazon and Marketplace sellers who display net prices and offer VAT-inclusive invoicing for download.
- Catalogue Curation – Enabling businesses to configure the Amazon Business catalogue according to their procurement policies. Administrators can define approval criteria and set certain or restricted categories and products.
- Coupa Open Buy – Coupa Customers now have direct access to millions of Amazon Business products simply by using the search bar within the Coupa interface.
“We’re working hard to continually introduce improvements that provide even greater selection, value and convenience to business customers looking to streamline their procurement, enabling them to save time and money, and increase their productivity,” said Bill Burkland, Head of Amazon Business, Amazon.co.uk.
“The latest suite of Amazon Business features has been driven by the feedback we’ve received from our customers and are designed to enhance the efficiency, visibility and controls our business customers want in their procurement process.”
- Gartner: CPOs 'Must Embrace AI Procurement Tech'Digital Supply Chain
- Accenture M&As Broaden Supply Chain & Procurement Know-howProcurement
- Dr.Ahmed Sedky Al Ghurair Investment to join P&SC LIVE DubaiSupply Chain Risk Management
- Key Themes at Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE SingaporeDigital Supply Chain