NYK and the Rolf Group launch joint venture in Russia

By Freddie Pierce
Global logistics provider NYK line have launched a new venture in Russia, acquiring a majority share in the ROLF Group. The ROLF Group, a leading logis...

Global logistics provider NYK line have launched a new venture in Russia, acquiring a majority share in the ROLF Group.

The ROLF Group, a leading logistics operator in Russia, have sold 51 percent of their business to NYK, maintaining ownership of the remaining 49 percent. The joint venture embraces all of ROLF’s logistics businesses, including a terminal in Lobnya, technical service center Elite-Trans and it’s insurance arm, ROLF insurance. The new venture will also see rented terminals retained, as they have become very important assets for CBU services.

 

SEE RECENT STORIES FROM THE WDM CONTENT NETWORK:

The current managers of ROLF SCS will lead the new joint venture divisions, working in co-operation with NYK representatives. The new project will retain Alexander Larin, who is now CEO of ROLF’s logistics business as the new CEO and the ROLF SCS brand will remain as it is well known as a ‘reliable partner and brand expert’.

An online statement released on behalf of both companies said: ‘The launch of the joint venture will allow the ROLF Group to provide its existing customers and new clients with a wider variety of services and also implement NYK’s best practices into its business processes. NYK also has at its disposal a huge network of assets that allows it to maintain logistics operations throughout Europe and around the world.’

According to NYK managing corporate officer Shunichi Kusunose, “The key priority of the joint venture will be maintaining the high level of performance and customer service offered by ROLF SCS team and developing all the existing directions of the business according to Russian market specifics and best global practices.”

Share

Featured Articles

Weekly news round-up across supply, logistics & procurement

CIPS chief in supply cash-flow warning; Women do better in large firms - Gartner; Accenture Euro chief's Ukraine advice; Dell supply head's green goals

UST webinar on managing supply risk available on-demand

Global CPO David Loseby and UST's Jonathan Colehower share insight on using technology, both to mitigate supply chain risk and to gain supply visibility

Global land, sea and air logistics news round-up

Global logistics IoT spend ‘will top $32bn by 2032’; UN $10mn grant for explosion-hit Port of Beirut; Costa Rica ransomware attack causes ports chaos

Comfort zones the enemy of sustainability - CIPS economist

Sustainability

Women in supply fare better in large firms - Gartner report

Digital Supply Chain

What can be done to avert food catastrophe foreseen by UN?

Logistics