VIDEO: A look inside Port of Fujairah in the UAE
Port of Fujairah is the only multi-purpose port on the Eastern seaboard of the United Arab Emirates, approximately 70 nautical miles from the Straits of Hormuz. Initial Construction of the Port started in 1978 as part of the economic development of the UAE. Full operations commenced in 1983. Since then the Port has embarked on a continuing process of enhancement to both its facilities and its comprehensive range of functions.
The port has the following facilities:
- Drafts of 15 metres(PD)
- 1.4 kilometre long main quay
- 2 Bulk Loaders for aggregate export:
- Berth Lengths: 600 metres
- Draft: 15 metres (PD)
- First Bulk loader is capable of loading 2000 tonnes per hour and second loader is capable of loading 4000 tons per hour
- Southern Breakwater berths:
- 840 metres of general cargo berths
- Draft of 15 metres
- A Travel Lift facility and Berth available for the lifting of supply and associated vessels for maintenance and repair
- Common user sites for vessel repair.
- Northern Breakwater berths consisting of two oil terminals
The Port’s alliance with DP World as the concessionaires for container cargo has also strengthened its position amongst the global network of container ports.
For more information about the Port of Fujairah in the UAE, please visit: http://www.fujairahport.ae/