May 17, 2020
Looking at the UK haulage industry 2016
Its National Lorry Week 2016 in the UK. The folks at Tingley Transport and Warehousing have pooled together a lovely infographic that paints the current...
It’s National Lorry Week 2016 in the UK. The folks at Tingley Transport and Warehousing have pooled together a lovely infographic that paints the current picture of the UK Haulage industry in 2016.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Road freight enterprises contribute £11.2billion to the UK economy (that’s a 19 percent increase from 2015)
- 1.65 billion tonnes of goods were lifted by HGVs in 2015
- The average length of haul for a GB registered HGV was 92 kilometres
- HGVs in 2015 travelled 18.4billion kilometeres
- 23 percent of all goods moved by GB registered HGVs was food products, which includes beverages and tobacco
- 2 percent of all goods, fall under the mystifying “unidentifiable goods” category
- 16.6 percent year on year rise in the number of drivers passing an HGV driving test