Event starts in:
7th Annual Compliance Conference for supply chain and global trade professionals
With Brexit on the way to becoming reality, it is clear that things are rather unclear at the moment. Only once the UK invokes Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty can official negotiations about future trade agreements between the UK and both EU and non-EU countries commence.
At this point, it is not foreseeable which final, future economic model will be the basis for UK trade. Uncertainty leads to hesitation and while it may be tempting to sit back and wait, there is actually quite a lot that internationally trading companies in the UK can (and should) do now to minimise any potential impact of upcoming changes on their operations.
That’s why AEB, a leading provider of global trade and supply chain management software solutions, and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, CILT(UK), are inviting supply chain professionals from all industry sectors to their 7th Annual Compliance Conference to come together and discuss the way forward.
The event will focus on the global trade compliance aspect of upcoming changes. Participants include official from HMRC and ECO, leaders from professional industry associations, experts from consultancies, and industry representatives from different sectors.
A panel discussion at the end of the conference will provide opportunities for all delegates to ask the experts about current developments, and there will be ample opportunity to network during conference breaks and the complementary lunch.
The following speakers have been confirmed:
- Bernadette Peers, Compliance Manager, Strategic Shipping Company Ltd
- Pablo Lecour, Partner Risk Advisory and Global Export Controls, Deloitte LLP
- Clive Corris, Commercial Director, Kelvin Hughes Ltd
- Jane Sewell , International Trade Development Liaison Officer, HMRC
- Adrian Bond, Business Awareness Training Manager, UK Export Control Organisation
- Hannah Beckett, Sales Manager, AEB (International)