Who is Brian Clark, new VP of Procurement at PSEG?
PSEG, the largest provider of electric and gas services across New Jersey, roughly serving around 2.2million electric customers and 1.8million gas customers, has announced a new Vice President of Procurement in Brian Clark.
Here’s 6 things about Brian Clark, the new VP of procurement at PSEG Services
- Clark is not a new face to the company, he has worked with PSEG Services for 17 years in a range of roles. He was senior director of PSEG Service Corporation and Fossil support services. He was also in the position of plant manage at both the Bergen and Sewaren generation stations and manage, Maplewood Testing Center. His 17-year service doesn’t stop there either, Clark was a commercial director of nuclear development, director of business support and nuclear finance, and manager, materials and logistics at PSEG Nuclear. Clark it seems is a man who knows the ins and outs of the company on so many fronts and looks to be the perfect man to step into the role of Vice President of procurement.
- Clark has a strong precedent for engaging within the local communities by volunteering as a coach for various different sports. This commitment to volunteering was dully rewarded, as he has previously been awarded the Betty Flood Award from PSEG. The Betty Flood Award is an award that celebrates and triumphs volunteerism amongst the company. It is an award that honours a previous PSEG employee, Betty Flood, who was widely celebrated as a cheerleader for volunteerism. She managed to balance working for the company full time with an after-school program for more than 300 children. She was honoured with the President’s Volunteer Action Award in 1991 by then President George H.W Bush.
- Clark holds an MBA with a concentration in finance from the University of Delaware as well as a BS in business administration from the University of South Carolina Aiken.
- He is an advocate for the March of Dimes foundation, a foundation aiming to raise awareness and find the causes of premature births.
- Clark will begin his new position on Aug 29, reporting directly to PSEG Services Corp president Derek DiRisio.
- DiRisio can’t wait for Clark to get started, identifying the right capabilities in his 17-year experience to move the company forward: “Brian will be responsible for taking our procurement function to the next level – putting efficient processes in place to ensure we get the best quality materials and services for the best possible price,”
“Brian has a track record of building strong teams and organizations and a real enthusiasm for continuous improvement. I look forward to working with him and having him as a member of my leadership team.”
Follow @SupplyChainD on Twitter.