Simon McWilliams will head up new supply chain consultancy for JLL
JLL, a global property firm that specialises in investment, advisory and acquisition processes regarding commercial real estate, announced this weekend the launch of its new consultancy division that focuses on catering to its clients’ supply chain needs.
In a press release, the company said “it is looking to help clients unlock the value of their physical infrastructure, and incorporate these factors into their real estate strategy, adding that supply chain resilience is an increasingly important factor when influencing commercial property decisions.”
The group will focus its efforts on creating insights into optimising warehouse locations and the the organisational processes within them. Lead director of industrial & logistics at JLL told press that the new team’s first area of focus would be “a growth plan which continues at pace, advising a wide range of clients seeking access to industrial opportunities across the UK”.
- Brown-Forman leverages data analytics to spark digital transformation
- AccorHotels: transforming procurement for a unique guest experience
- London Borough of Waltham Forest: Creating value through supply chain innovation
He continued, saying that “as the industry experiences significant growth, we see an important opportunity to incorporate supply chain insight into more informed and strategic services, allowing our clients to strengthen their real estate decisions”.
10-year veteran of DHL Supply Chain, Ceva Logistics, and TNT, Simon McWilliams has been tapped to lead the team, which will commence its operations in January 2019.
- Gartner: CPOs 'Must Embrace AI Procurement Tech'Digital Supply Chain
- Accenture M&As Broaden Supply Chain & Procurement Know-howProcurement
- Dr.Ahmed Sedky Al Ghurair Investment to join P&SC LIVE DubaiSupply Chain Risk Management
- Key Themes at Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE SingaporeDigital Supply Chain