SCM World 2017 Power of the Profession Awards - the finalists unveiled
The finalists for the SCM World 2017 Power of the Profession Awards have been revealed.
In its third year, the awards identify the supply chain industry’s most innovative initiatives from the past year.
A judging panel of C-level executives will award winners in two award categories: Talent Breakthrough and Supply Chain Breakthrough.
So, who are the shortlisted companies?
For the Talent Breakthrough of the Year:
And for Supply Chain Breakthrough of the Year:
The Talent Breakthrough finalists have been selected based on the companies’ ability to demonstrate initiatives that impacted across three key areas; diversity and engagement, business results and lastly, and impact in or across the value chain.
For Supply Chain Breakthrough, it recognises the launch of strategic initiatives that have delivered value to customers, value to shareholders and demonstrated a commitment to making a positive impact on critical word issues; health, hunger and environmental sustainability.
The judging panel contains 29 C-Level judges from some of the biggest brands around the world. Just to name a few, there is:
- Brian Tobey, Corporate Vice President, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Information & Services, Microsoft
- Gerry Rogers, Vice President Global Sourcing & Manufacturing, Nike
- Frank Crespo, Vice President and Chief Procurement Officer, Caterpillar Inc
- Tim Bailey, Executive Vice President Global Product Supply, Business Services & Technology, SC Johnson,
For a full list of the judging panel, visit: http://www.scmworld.com/awards/#judges
Following in the footsteps of greatness….
This year’s finalists have big shoes to fill. The Supply Chain Breakthrough of the Year 2016 was Dow, an industry-leading technology-based products and solutions provider to specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses.
The Talent Breakthrough of the Year 2016 was Intel, the market leading technology solutions provider in tablet devices, computers and laptops and software solutions.
Roll up, roll up
The winners will be revealed and celebrated at a gala dinner at SCM World Live Americas on 31 January 2017 at the Turnberry Isle Resort in Miami, USA.
The hosts of the awards are none other than SCM World, a cross industry learning community which works with the world’s most influential supply chain practitioners.
The goal? “to deliver on our vision for supply chain to provide the solution to world issues. The SCM World community has identified three key areas where supply chain can create and deliver a change in the world: universal access to healthcare, the global distribution of food and environmental sustainability. Supply chain leaders and their teams continue to demonstrate that social and environmental sustainability can also be a pillar of profitability.”
Follow @SupplyChainD on Twitter.
- Q&A with Ivalua’s Global Head of Manufacturing Sundar KamakSupply Chain Risk Management
- Advancing the digital supply chain with strategic sourcingDigital Supply Chain
- Improving supply chain management with IoT technologyDigital Supply Chain
- NNR Global Logistics’ Pragmatic Digital Transformation