New freight app calculates the best aircraft for cargo
Air Partner has become the first aircraft charter broker to launch a freight app, which determines the most suitable air carrier for the type of cargo.
The multi-lingual interactive app uses the weight and dimensions of a cargo to choose the aircraft most suited to the task, suggesting up to four different models. In addition to this, the application also includes images and cargo hold diagrams which allow a greater understanding of the type of aircraft needed to move a particular item.
SEE RELATED STORIES FROM THE WDM CONTENT NETWORK:
- Aircraft manufacturers join forces to research biofuel
- Material handling products to enjoy 4% annual growth
- Scottish Procurement Bill will deliver on profit promise FedEx accused of improperly handling hazardous material
Available from the Apple Store or as an online service, the database also includes information to accommodate outsize freight. Based on the search solutions provided, users are then able to contact an Air Partner specialist, who is able to provide further assistance, including a quote for the consignment’s planned route and final aircraft loadability checks.
"This innovation demonstrates that we are leading the way when it comes to developing new products to add to the traditional freight charter broking services that currently exist. There are more than 30 of the most commonly used charter aircraft types within the system to give clients a useful easy-to-use guide as to which aircraft they would potentially need,” Clive Chalmers, Air Partner’s UK freight manager explained to Arabian Aerospace.
“As there are no interactive freight ‘piece fit aircraft guides’ currently on the Apple store for the iPhone or iPad, this makes our new product unique,” added Chalmers. “We are also the only aircraft charter broker to have a freight industry-specific app, which is also available online as a web application via a personal computer or other mobile, on the market.”
- Amazon Purchases New Planes To Bolster Airfreight CapacityLogistics
- DHL unveils air freight charter linking Asia, Europe and USLogistics
- Air freight: the astonishing capacity of one of the world's most modern cargo terminalsSupply Chain Risk Management
- Berlin Based Start-up Cargo.one receive $18.6 millionLogistics