Blue Apron unveils new chief supply chain officer
US meal kit company, Blue Apron, has appointed Alan Blake as its new Chief Supply Chain Officer.
Set to start on 25 June, Blake most recently served as Chief Supply Chain Officer at Revlon Inc.
He joins the Blue Apron team with over 30 years’ experience leading consumer packaged goods, beverage and food companies.
In previous years, Blake has held positions at companies such as Ocean Spray, Brown-Forman, Ventura Foods as well as the Campbell Soup Company.
- The latest issue of FDF World magazine is now live!
- Nestlé and XPO to create ‘digital warehouse of the future’
- Robotics in the food industry is set to explode
Now, in his new role, Blake will be responsible for end-to-end processes throughout Blue Apron's supply chain, which includes sourcing, procurement, planning, manufacturing and distributing, among other tasks.
“I am energized by the opportunities ahead of Blue Apron in such a dynamic and high-profile category,” Blake said.
“I am looking forward to working closely with the team to unlock further efficiencies and provide customers nationwide with incredible culinary experiences.”
The hire comes as the meal kit maker continues its multi-product, multi-channel expansion, according to the press release.
Within his role, Blake will report directly to Chief Executive Officer Brad Dickerson.
Speaking of Blake' appointment, Dickerson said: “We have made significant progress in increasing operational efficiencies throughout our fulfilment network, and operational optimization remains an ongoing strategic priority.
“Alan’s leadership and experience will be a valuable asset to the company as we continue to advance our end-to-end processes so that we can fully leverage what we expect to be significant and differentiating operational capabilities in order to capitalize on our future growth opportunities.”
- Supply chain mapping needed for forced-labour screeningDigital Supply Chain
- McKinsey & Exiger on supply chain tech revolutionDigital Supply Chain
- Transform operations through precision of executionSustainability
- Flex has resilient manufacturing supply chains in sightsSupply Chain Risk Management